Saturday, May 29, 2010

Finally...

So the finishing touches are being put on our bathrooms. It should be sealed this weekend and texturing will start at the beginning of the week. This should take no more than 7 days according to the Mexican-Jew [aka Mark aka Dale from Step Brothers]. Things are never how you planned them to be. We agreed on $2,000 for both bathrooms and as we get to the end things just get tacked on. We had to settle on a figure for everything and then move onto the texturing. I had a couple Seagram's Sweet Tea Vodkas and decided to negotiate [Seagram's, I drink it, they pay me -Lil' Jon]. Here is an excerpt of our pathetic conversation yesterday:



P: Yo Mark, have you calculated the texturing and painting?
M: Yeah, I had Ricky [who?] help me calculate and he said about $1.00 I mean $2.00 per sq. foot.
P: Ok, that is cool. How exactly do you measure this?
M: Uh, yeah. So...it is about 1100.
P: $1100 or 1100 sq feet?
M: Oh we measured about 1100 sq feet including the hallways and more.
P: Uh ok, sure. So you want $2200?
M: Yeah. If that is cool with you.
P: Nope, not going to happen.
M: [Insert 10 excuses of why it cost so much]
P: Sorry, that is outrageous, I got a quote for $1000 to texture the place. I do not value primering and painting our entire house at $1200. If that is the case, just texture it and I will just roll on the paint myself.
M: Oh man it is a lot of work. It is more than just painting. Plus blah blah blah blah. Ok, how about $1500?
P: I don't think Thomas will agree, but ok that is more reasonable.

So after a couple of drinks I call him today.

P: So I talked to Thomas and he said $1500 is out of the picture. We can paint the house for less than $500 ourselves, I have no job and can do it easily.
M: How much do you guys want to pay?
P: $1200. I am not trying to jew you or anything.
M: $1500 is the lowest I can go.
P: Ok, so what does it involve?
M: Patching all of your holes, removing the sheet rock in your bedroom and replacing it, hang all of your new doors and paint them, mud all of the walls, texture all of the walls, primer all of the walls, paint the ceiling white and the walls wave crest blue [no homo].
P: Ok, I will talk to Thomas, but I doubt he will budge. [I use Thomas as the bad guy]

So we agreed on $1500. I will walk with him through the whole house tomorrow and write down EVERYTHING so this $300 for 2 vents shit does not occur again.

Wish me luck. Swimming tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment