Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm Calm I'm Cool Everything Brand New

Today was day 1 of demolition and day 2 of shopping. The bathroom project is coming together and almost everything is purchased and ready to go. Here are some photos of the empty bathrooms:






The new tub and hardiback boards should be in tomorrow. They are doing a great job. I worked on a couple of things today, but I did not complete either one of the projects, so those pics will come later. I did however make it to BURLINGAME to check out my vessel vanity. I had a couple to choose from but none of them were "PERFECT." But I spent a good 45 minutes driving on the shittiest freeway alive, 101 and was determined to go home with a god damn sink. I found the prettiest one out of all of them and realized the price tag said 399 without faucet and 499 with faucet. I only had 180 bucks in my wallet. That wasn't going to happen. So I tried to sweet talk her in Chinese and see what I could do, I mentioned her Craigslist ad [http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/hsh/1713550136.html] had sinks at 99-199 and how come that one was so expensive. So she said, ok fine 199. I said BOO YAH. So then the Indian side of me came out [I only used Indian because one time I low balled someone on CL and they replied with: "This isn't a mother fcking bazaar you towel head"] and said how about 160. She did some whining and some selling and said oh come on add $10, I said $170 you got a deal. Then I realized I needed a drain stopper and she sold that me for $10, so she might have gotten me. Here she is in her glory:



Cannot wait for this bad boy to be installed. This required me to get a medicine cabinet.


Thomas' Faucet, My Shower Stuff, Our Vents and My Cabinet!



I had to share this. This made me laugh so bad. So I met Mark through my friend, Jenn [Howrey Lawyer in the house], as he did some work on her house. He has been a blast to work with and him and his brother remind me of Brennen and Dale from Step-Brothers [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838283/]. They are freakin awesome. So he asked me for my last name so he could check on the delivery from THD and I told him it was Lam, then I turn around and he wrote that onto my bathroom wall. He said "Do not tell Jenn." Haha. That is all.

Taking Chris to Kim Tar for lunch tomorrow and will pick up 600 tiles and 2 shower doors during that feast. Should be a nice truckload, hopefully his Nissan can handle that HEAT! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment