Friday, April 16, 2010

Shopping Day...

So, we've all been there. We got shit to do, not vital, but needs to be done. But your friend [J in this case] texts you and says they are grabbing lunch at a place you want to go to but are too lazy to drive to [El Tulense, which is coined the "mothership" of all taco trucks in the valley of the taco. Analogy: Licking a glacier vs. buying a bottle of water. This place is so legit it only has 2 Yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tacos-el-tulense-redwood-city. I also got to meet the tacos4life.com team, shout out/plug.]. You sit there and ponder, you know the right call [eat at home to save money and calories and do work], but what do we all end up doing? We justify the wrong choice, I told myself, if J takes me to Lowe's and I make all the necessary purchases [I want to test my Amazon widget: Chamberlain WD822KD Whisper Drive 1/2-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener] the money I spend on lunch kind of is discounted as I get to eat in Redwood City and not spend any energy getting there [I get to sit top down in the black demon and talk shit, not a bad deal]. So that is what happened, and this is what ended up in my toilet 20 minutes ago:




2 Al Pastor, 2 Carnitas & 1 Lengua Taco [which the tortilla is grilled first, just like how real Mexican mom's do it],and one lonely Pollo Sope. 


Back to the real story. So after stopping at Sprinkles [yeah gay shit, I know] and then Yogurt Twist [sorry Fong & Christina frozos.com] it was about 3:30, I dropped off the stuff at The Lamsion and knew that if I was to "do work" I would pass out and not be able to make it to basketball at 7, so I decide to forgo any ceiling scraping today and just go back to Hemmingway Gardens and take a nap, cause I had to get my Durant on. So today was a Shopping Day, but before I publish this, here are some archived photos I have on some other stuff we worked on last week:


Back story: The Lamsion is a 4 bedroom & 2 bathroom dwelling, but the people who lived there before built  a 2 room add on. We decided that we did not need 2 more rooms, a couple of reasons, but mainly cause we don't have that many friends and any slaves we do want to keep will have to work under ground level. I've read that if you deprive a human being of light, they will do anything you ask...read being the key word. So we are turning those 2 rooms into Club Lamsion [aka the Man Cave, aka everything I've wanted that my mom did not let me buy cause it wasted space but now I can buy room], just a fyi, Thomas has stressed that this is Club Lamsion and not Lounge Lamsion, so when music is playing get off yo ass and start dancing.


Here are some pics from the "demolition" by the Demo Duo:




Left "room" before.


Right "room" sheet rock off.



Both sides no longer have sheet rock, only beams left.


Club Lamsion is now "open" for business.

This weekend [or tomorrow, depending on how much Manuel [sic] Labor I want to do] we will be removing the "carpet" and the yellow stuff so we can see the bare concrete and get ready to floor that bad boy. Don't worry ladies, it will be very heel friendly. So please, feel free to bring those stilettos to The Lamsion. 

Sneak peak [little math quiz and imagination exercise for you guys]:


- Screen -  Left Window - Door +
= Boss.
[Thanks to Kirch from Saratoga/Craigslist]

Ps. I update everyday, so get me on the RSS tip. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment