Sunday, April 25, 2010

I Done Fck'd Up.

So we are a couple weeks into the renovation and things have been going pretty smoothly, some things do take a lot longer than expected, but still results are visible. Until today. I knew there was a beam running through the ceiling so I decided to cut a hole next to it to install one of my famous recessed lighting housings. Stud finders cannot locate HVAC equipment.

Failed:


That pink thing is some sort of piping for some sort of heating. Sigh. I will have to relocate this light somewhere else and...uh...patch that little six inch hole.

Mr Handy[man] better call me tomorrow, if he does not show up to install the sliding door, I will be shopping on Craigslist again.

Here is a picture of Tumas being a slave:




We are trying to get the red to come out of the fireplace again. Will post before and after once we are done scrubbing it.

Measured out 6 lights for the living room and found out that the two in the middle run against a beam. So we are going to either have an uneven lighting set up or go down to four. I will make that executive decision tomorrow and post photos. This lighting thing is harder than it looks. 

Going to bed before midnight, this is a first. Just too worn out. Got a Kirkwood season pass for 299. Please come.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment