Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Imma Michael Phelps a Bitch...Set a New World Record...

In case you all don't know. That line is from Chow from NBA's second multi platinum hit:

http://vimeo.com/9316726 [pw: slores]

So here is why I am listening to it. I wanted to see what our video looked like on a 30" 720p LCD TV. It is weird. But I picked this bad boy up yesterday. It made 1 dent and 3 scratches in Priscilla [that is the Z3's name, who is named after my late grandma.] Was it worth it? You tell me. $100 for 30", putting it at around 3 bucks an inch. I got lucky on this bad boy. Well I ain't going to lie, good deals on Craigslist require 2 things, good timing and quick reaction.

Don't act like you don't read it everyday, this is taken from my FB profile:


Bio
luck is where preperation meets opportunity.


Since my ass paid for this domain and renewed it, it is time to show it off. You can always go to my FB by typing in this: youenvy.me. Yep, I am retarded. Don't worry, I did not buy that domain for myself, it was a project my old coworker [Steve Young, shout out] and Chow worked on, but learned that photo tagging was already rampant. =X

Back to the topic on hand, I got home around 2 yesterday and saw the ad on Craigslist. It was a couple of hours old so I figured that I had no shot at the 30", I told Peter about it and he told me I was a failure for not checking earlier. That motivated me to get this TV, did I need it? Nope, but who the heck can get a TV for $3.xx/inch? So I shot this person an email and thought nothing about it. I was very courteous and open and of course gave her a story to fall in love with. My brother and I just moved out of our mom's house and am looking for a TV to watch and think this the perfect one yada yada. So I get a call an hour later from a number from the nickel and dime [that is 510 for you ebonic illiterate mother fckers, which btw I saw on someone's FB that the FBI is hiring ebonic translators? shit son, I might got a career on the horizon.] and I noticed her accent was very similar to my mom's. So I ask her how come she is selling it and she informs me that she is moving to Taiwan. At that exact moment, I knew this slickdeal was mine. I did not hesitate and busted out my Mandarin, she said oh you don't sound like you are from Taiwan, I then said I am an ABC but my mom is from Taipei, we become BFF's, she gave me her address and the rest is history son.

How you like it?


Thomas is going to use it for his office.


The next Craigslist adventure, lead me to this:


No lie, I only watch ESPN, no idea why I have another 800 channels.

I am wondering if I should go into detail about this story. But anyways, I got this bad boy because the father thought your boy was a "very polite kid." I wanted to inform him I was 28, but that would have killed his buzz. I could tell he wanted his son to be like me, it was the sparkle in his eye when I handed him the $380. <3

That is all for today. I am bringing a broom...Go Bumgarner!

2 comments:

  1. cant believe you used the race card. at least you got what you want. your room looks nice now that it has furniture.
    but seriously do guys need 6 tv's and 4 computer monitors? i dont get it

    jackie t

    ReplyDelete